Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: The Academy of American Poets

  1. #1
    Inactive Member crazy a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 1999
    Posts
    1,237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    they sent me a letter
    letting me know that for $45
    I can become a member
    and further the poetic cause.

    well, never mind that I need
    that $45 for food and bills.

    and never mind that the
    poetic cause doesn't need me
    to be carried along: nowadays
    EVERYBODY is a POET,
    usually not a very good one.

    what got me is that, despite
    getting only rejections from the magazines
    (so far)
    these people somehow heard of me
    and want me to join their group.

    upon closer inspection, I saw
    that the letter was for
    ALAN A. LOPEZ of Washington,
    DC.

    well, that explains it:
    the letter was sent to the wrong person.

    I haven't read Alan's work,
    probably don't want to,
    but I'm sure
    he
    would make a fine addition to
    the Academy.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Cool. Exactly what I've felt when the International Society of Poets wants me to join. For only a few hundred a year. Cause you know writers are all rich....

    ------------------
    The original ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Please click on that banner.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "For there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."-Shakespeare, Hamlet
    ChatterBox

    [This message has been edited by Branflakes (edited April 23, 2001).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •